30/11/2012

Primark Hair Oil?



If you are a blog reader and haven’t heard of hair/body/face oils, where have you been??
They are massively popular right now, I currently use L’Oreal’s Mythic Oil for my hair (pretty good) and have dabbled with Moroccan oil in the past (my purse wept). I was very pleased when a little parcel dropped through my door from my sister who found this cheeky little 18ml bottle of Hask Argan Oil Healing Shine Hair Treatment in PRIMARK. Yup, Primarni itself is now flogging the stuff.
I was interested to try this but not expecting very much, at £2.50 who would??

But happily, I was wrong. The texture is very different to other oils, it’s more like an easy to pour gel which actually makes it easier to use as this doesn’t have a pump lid. The little cap lid does however prevent leakages and the small plastic bottle would be perfect for travelling. It smells like oranges, not something I love but others might.
The ingredients are fairly similar to Moroccan oil with both containing Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone and Argania Spinoza Kernal Oil (Argan oil). They are the first 3 ingredients on both Moroccan Oil and the Hask oil so I am assuming the quantities in both products are similar. Both Cyclopentasiloxane and Dimethicone are silicones, they are usually the basis for hair serums and condition without leaving product build up. 

The Hask Oil also contains:
Keratin Amino Acids – an extremely strong protein which is a component of hair, nails, skin and teeth
Tocopherol - a chemical compound which has Vitamin E activity in  
Iodopropnyl Butylcarbanate  -  this is a water based preservative agent

But does it do the job? Well, yes! I have some in my hair right now which i am using as a hair mask, I will go shampoo it out in a bit. It does the same job as the more expensive oils I have tried for much less money, it smoothes hair and provides nourishment.
The only issue is getting hold of it, I haven’t seen it in my local Primark so if you are after some it might be best to check out the website printed on the bottle www.inspiredbeauty.com to see if you can get hold of some!
If you see some at the till in Primark, grab a bottle or two. These would make perfect Christmas stocking fillers. Or, you know, just keep them for yourself!

5 comments:

  1. Nice blog I Love the smell and the end result. leaves to bit to be desires for fine hair

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to try this, thanks :)


    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Primark hair oils says it can be used on both wet and dry hair for styling and hair repair. I love to try this primark oil. 20% "Mira hair oil reviews"

    ReplyDelete
  4. This hair oil always make stylish hair with silky and shiny look.
    Mira Hair Oil Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  5. Popularly known as the "miracle oil" harnessed in the Argan tree from Morocco this oil competes with Jojoba oil as an excellent hair treatment solution that nourishes as well as replenishes dry or brittle hair while securing and restore deterioration.

    ReplyDelete

Have an opinion? Leave a comment!